So I guess it’s been about two months since I’ve posted–that’s probably because the Yankees have been breaking my spirit since the start of the season. After Mighty Matty D’s performance last night I feel somewhat better so I’ll give a run-down of some stuff I’ve been thinking about.
1. Brian Cashman made an egregious error by trying to depend on Carl Pavano. I never understood why he thought that The American Idle would ever be a part of the rotation for more than a start or two, and I never will. This is one of the major reasons why the Yanks will NOT, I repeat WILL NOT, make the post-season this year.
2. Brian Cashman made another huge mistake by signing KEI IGAWA instead of Ted Lilly. I don’t really think I have to talk about this much except to say that Iggy was sent to CLASS A TAMPA last week. ‘Nuff said.
3. There was no need to sign Clemens. He cannot go more than 5 or 5 2/3 innings, he’s old, he’s lost a great deal of velocity on his fastball and he’s the most overpaid pitcher in all of baseball except for maybe Carl Pavano. Anyway the reason to sign Clemens was to win a world series. If the bombers don’t even make the playoffs (which they won’t the way they’re going) then bringing Clemens was all for nought anyway.
4. Mighty Matt n Co. get no respect. So like Matt DeSalvo had a sub 2 ERA in Scranton and was basically blowing away the competition and yet he was called up after Phil "don’t call me Philip" and Chase Wright and Rasner. Now, I didn’t really understand the logic but at least he was given his shot. The problem I have now is the kid has had two very quality starts (last night included going 6.2 innings and giving up 7 hits and 2 runs while striking out 2), yet, the so-called rotation is going to comprised of Wang, Pettitte, Moose, CLEMENS, and HUGHES. While Rasner was not so dominating his last start out, he’s been solid and DeSalvo has been sick. Why can’t they get some acknolwedgement and a shot to be part of the ailing rotation and maybe turn things around? At least Matty is getting another start Thursday. I think Joe likes him which could be a problem…for his arm at least.
5. Proctor’s arm will be delayed in falling off for at least 4 games! Normally I wouldn’t be happy that one of the most dependable relievers is out, but I’m glad that Proctor hit Betancourt because now Joe can’t make him throw a thousand innings in the next 4 games. 🙂 yay for Scotty. Hopefully, when he returns, he will be refreshed. Hey, maybe he did it on purpose…
6. RJ and Gary Sheffield deals still ****. I doubt we would be experiencing such heart ache if they were still here. Lefty pitchers just keep shutting the lineup down (as predicted).
7. Why can’t the Yankees have a real first baseman? Mark Texiera anyone??
That is all. My boy Andy P goes today. He better bring it.
p.s.VOTE MITCH CANHAM FOR YANKEES FIRST ROUND PICK!